Dental Bridges in Rutherford, New Jersey
Are you covering your mouth when you laugh or smile to hide your missing teeth? If so, a dental bridge might be the perfect solution to your dental problem. Our dentist at Tailor-Made Smiles in Rutherford, New Jersey, can help you to restore your confidence by using a customized dental bridge that will allow you to smile confidently again.
Dental Bridges Near You
A dental bridge can be used to fill the spaces remaining in your mouth by a missing tooth or missing teeth. A dental bridge is made of one or more artificial teeth that are held in place by two dental crowns. The bridge can be made from metal, porcelain, or a combination of both materials.
Types of Dental Bridges in Rutherford, New Jersey
Dental bridges can be either removable or fixed. An evaluation by our dentist at Tailor-Made Smiles will assess which dental bridge will best fit your needs.
- A fixed dental bridge is cemented or bonded into place and can only be removed by the dentist. Special instructions will be given to you regarding how to clean these types of bridges. They tend to last longer than removable bridges.
- Removable dental bridges can be removed and cleaned by you anytime. Although these types of bridges are easier to clean, they are less stable than a fixed bridge.
How Are Dental Bridges Made?
- First, a thorough evaluation by our dentist at Tailor-Made Smiles will take place.
- Next, your teeth that are located on the sides of your gap will be prepared by removing their enamel and dentin.
- Thirdly, impressions of your teeth will be made and sent to a lab to create your bridge.
- When your bridge arrives, our dentist will insert your bridge. A few visits may be needed to ensure that your bridge fits properly. If you have a fixed bridge, your final bridge will be cemented or bonded into place.
Contact Tailor-Made Smiles to learn more about dental bridges in Rutherford, New Jersey. If you’re suffering from missing teeth, our team at Tailor-Made Smiles would love to help restore your smile. If you have additional questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment, call us today.