What Are Different Types Of Dental Veneers, And How Do They Benefit You?
Most patients opt for dental veneers to improve their appearance. Veneers also have restorative functions and may protect your tooth from damage. In addition, they are an excellent option for tooth chips, stains, or gaps.
Dental veneers are thin tooth-colored shells attached to the front of your teeth, covering and altering their appearance. The procedure is simple and minimally invasive. The veneers are available in different types depending on your tooth color and the desired outcome. Here are five different types of dental veneers and how they can benefit you.
- Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are the most popular dental veneers in Rutherford for people who want an aesthetic smile and an excellent resistance to stains. They can also mimic the natural luster of your healthy teeth. The porcelain damages are very biocompatible; thus, they are less likely to damage your gum tissue and the soft tissue surrounding your mouth
The great thing concerning dental veneers is that they significantly improve the appearance of your smile as they are very natural-looking. Some of its benefits include:
- The porcelain veneers have a bright and slightly translucent appearance to your natural teeth
- They can resist stains
- They are durable as they are made from solid materials
- The porcelain veneers can last longer, up to 15 years, if properly taken care of
- There is a low chance of chipping or breaking your teeth
- Composite Veneers
Composite veneers are made from composite resin. This consists of organic and inorganic materials, including resin, initiator, and the coupling agent. The primary inorganic material within the composite resin is the filler.
The composite veneers have the same properties as the tooth-colored fillings, and they are strong but not so durable. They are made and applied in the dental clinic by your dentist in Rutherford. So you only require one appointment to complete it and have that beautiful smile. the benefits of composite resin veneers include:
- They are less expensive as compared to porcelain veneers.
- It has a low chance of harming your gum tissue
- It is less invasive as it requires less enamel removal
- Lumineer Veneers
Lumineers veneer is a type of porcelain veneer made from ultra-thin porcelain laminate. They are thinner than the standard Lumineers, thus, they require minimal preparation before placement. They are used if you cannot have tooth reduction to prepare your tooth.
Lumineers are smooth and serve to teat teeth with discoloration, gaps, or irregularities. They can also be used as an option to improve the appearance of your smile. the benefits of having Lumineers are:
- They are reversible as the enamel removal is not necessary
- They are stain-resistant, showcasing your pearly whites
- They are less expensive
- Removable Veneers
This type of veneers is removed just like dentures though the difference between them is that, unlike the dentures, they are not full crowns but are a layer of teeth cosmetic that can be inserted over your broken teeth. The removable veneers are also called snap-on veneers or snap-on smiles. They are made from resin material and are affordable.
Some of it is benefits include:
- The benefits of these types of veneers are that they are removable and thus can be removed whenever you want or on a special occasion for a perfect smile.
- The application process is easy, and the procedure is less invasive.
- The Lumineers veneer teeth can be customed fit to match the color, shed and shape of your teeth
- Palatal Veneers
The palatal veneers are also termed as onlays as they generally restore the posterior teeth, this is the surface behind your front teeth. However, damaged palatal teeth can also impact your anterior teeth. These dental problems can result from bruxism, erosion, or a deep bite. A potential cause of tooth erosion is severe acid reflux or chronic vomiting.
Palatal veneers offer a great solution to only repair the affected part of the teeth. The benefits of palatal veneers are that:
- They are comfortable and allow one to talk and eat well
- They serve as protection on the surface of your tooth
- They are stain-resistant and match the color of your natural teeth
If you would like to restore your teeth and smile with any on this type of veneers, visit Tailor-Made Smiles (Sonia Tailor DDS).